Monday, October 8, 2007

Shawnee Valley demonstration, Step 5

The Foreground Color Block-In


Step5

Now that this complete color block-in is finished, I have a better idea where I am going with this painting. In this stage, I am still arranging shapes and values to make sure this all works together before I finish any one particular area.

The rocks are a slightly cool color, made with a variety of grays. The ground is warm, made with lots of orange, yellow ochre and warm greens. I have suggested the cows, but will refine them later. That will be one of the last areas I finish. I may have to do additional photography in nearby cow pastures to get accurate source material.

Between the completion of this step and the final painting, I will make even more changes in shapes, design, values, and color.

No comments: