Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quiet Pleasures, step 7

Finishing the painting, step 3


To the book spines, I added more highlights and a shiny white area to show the reflectiveness of the smooth leather.

The wine glass was a bit askew, so I spent some time redrawing it. It really does have to be perfect. I added color to the wine, and a few highlights to the back part of the glass to give it shape and dimension. I'll wait until the wine is dry before adding the details of the cut crystal.

Back to the cloth, I wiped out the suggested hem that was there in the previous step. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do but I have spent lots of hours in my house looking for suitable cloths.

I began developing the cabinet...it's a design from a piece of furniture in my house. I like the hinge on the cabinet door...it's a nice lead in to the picture.

No comments: