Thursday, December 27, 2007

Point of Rocks, step 2

Developing the background and water


point of rocks
After checking the length of the tree reflections, I realized they were to short. So I moved the water line back to shorten the distance from the bank to the top of the trees, since I definitely wanted sky reflections at the bottom of my painting. After redrawing, I began with the sky and worked my way down through the trees, and then to the yellow tree. I want this to stand out, since it is my center of interest.

Once the background trees were fairly finalized, I painted the tree reflections adjusting them where necessary. The sky reflections, including the ripples in the water, I would deal with in the next step. On the far bank I added some rocks and debris, with their accompanying reflections in the water.

No comments: