Sunday, December 2, 2007

Shawnee Valley demonstration, Step 13

Tweaking the middle ground

Step13
I thought I was done with the background, but the more I looked at it, the more I realized I wasn't! I pushed the mountains back some more and refined the houses and barns. Then I reworked the large tree on the left, AGAIN!

After developing the middle ground trees some more by adding branches and leaves, I then moved to the flat grassy plain, added some texture and some cooler colors toward the back to make the grassy plain recede. I added some rocks around the shoreline, but I may move them or add some more. As I worked my way up the hill on the right I realized the cows needed to be a tad larger. I have roughed them in again, and will finish them along with the left foreground in the next (and hopefully last) painting session.

Perhaps I'll have a title for it then.

No comments: