Thursday, May 22, 2008

Signs of Spring, step 7

Moving right along...

df-step7A

This configuration and design is much more pleasing and elegant to me. I continued refining the apricots, the vases and the blue scarf. Mainly I was redrawing, lightening the lights, and darkening the darks. I have a lot of new wrinkles from squinting so much.

Since the daffodil is no longer toward the bottom of the painting, there seemed to be a rather blank area. So to anchor the arrangement, I filled in the table rather than have it light and airy. I will find a table with a drawer somewhere in the house and add an interesting handle or drawer pull to it. The handle or drawer pull will serve the same purpose as the daffodil...it will move the eye around and add interest to an otherwise dead and boring area.

No comments: